Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2016

Scripture Cards

A few years ago I was looking for a way to 
create some DIY gifts for friends. 
I wanted to create something with a purpose, 
that was personal, and not too costly. 
I came up with the idea of scripture cards. 
After hunting for cute card decks with patterns 
(found at the Dollar Store), I decided to go to my
Pinterest Board where I had saved Bible verse visuals I liked.
In order to make the bible verses small enough to fit on the cards,
I just right clicked while in my Bible verse board, and 
printed a page with all my saved pins.
These were the perfect size for the cards,
all I had to do was cut them out.
I cut some backgrounds out of scrapbook paper I had laying around but, 
mostly used washi tape and double sided tape to adhere them to the cards. 
I decided to put a verse on the front and back of each card. 
I also found that they last longer if you add a coat of 
Modge Podge to the finished product. 
After a punch in the top and a few suction cup hooks, they were ready to go! 
I loved how they turned out! 
I made a set of three cards for my friends and tied them with a ribbon. 
What a cute gift! 
They are a perfect size to hang in a bathroom mirror or kitchen window.
 What I love the most, is they are simple to change
 out after I've learned a verse.
The Scripture cards can be personalized with verses about:
grief, happiness, trust, forgiveness, hope, etc. 
Its easy to whip up a lot of these for gifts in a few hours.
It's wonderful to have these as reminders each day as
I'm washing dishes or getting ready in the morning.
This would be a wonderful way to help children
memorize scripture.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea!! And a simple way to bless someone... Thanks. Using his one for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I love mine from you girls and also making them with you too!

    ReplyDelete